About Creative Kids
From 1 January 2019, NSW parents, guardians and carers of young people can apply for a $100 voucher to use for creative and cultural learning activities outside of the school curriculum – including Gang Show!
Scouts Australia NSW has been approved by Service NSW as a Creative Kids provider.
From 1 January, Scouting families across NSW can apply for and redeem a $100 Creative Kids voucher to cover the cost of their Gang Show fees for the year.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Creative Kids?
Creative Kids is a program to help NSW families meet the cost of getting their kids into creative and cultural activities like, drama, music, dance, coding, languages and other eligible activities. The good news is, the Creative Kids voucher can be used for Gang Show!
2. Who is eligible for a Creative Kids voucher?
Every child (4.5 - 18 years’ old) enrolled in school from Kindergarten to Year 12 is eligible for a Creative Kids voucher. This includes those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW.
3. When can I apply for and redeem my Creative Kids voucher?
You can apply for your Creative Kids voucher from 1 January.
4. How do I redeem my Creative Kids voucher for Gang Show?
To redeem your Creative Kids voucher for Gang Show, please follow the steps below:
All vouchers must be submitted prior to or at the first rehearsal on Saturday 7th March.
5. What does the Creative Kids voucher go towards?
The Creative Kids voucher goes towards Gang Show membership/registration fees.
6. Why should I use my Creative Kids voucher for Gang Show?
The Creative Kids voucher makes participation in Gang Show more affordable for Scouting families. By using your Creative Kids voucher for Gang Show, you’ll be able to save up to $100 off your Gang Show membership fees in 2020!
7. What benefits does Creative Kids offer for Gang Shows?
Creative Kids will play a positive role in supporting Gang Shows. Benefits include:
8. Is Creative Kids the same thing as Active Kids?
No. While Creative Kids and Active Kids vouchers can be applied for through the same website, this is where the similarities end. The programs:
9. Why do I need to print off my Creative Kids voucher, when I can redeem my Active Kids voucher online?
The technology used for Active Kids Rebate is not available for the Creative Kids Rebate, therefore the Creative Kids voucher must be redeemed manually using Scouts NSW’s Service NSW account. All Creative Kids vouchers will be sent to State Office by Cumberland Gang Show who will redeem the vouchers on the Gang Show’s behalf.
The Creative Kids voucher still needs to be recorded with the Gang Show before it is processed at State Office, to ensure the voucher is applied to the payment.
10. Why do I have to give my Creative Kids voucher directly to the Gang Show, but the Active Kids voucher is lodged on the Scouts NSW website?
Gang Show fees are paid as an upfront fee, whereas Scouts Membership fees payable to State are billed quarterly. Because there is a difference in the fee structure and timing of the fee, the management process is different. Also, the technology available to the AKR process cannot be used for Creative Kids vouchers, and therefore must be redeemed manually.
11. How will I be able to tell the difference between my Creative Kids voucher and my Active Kids voucher?
Please carefully check your Creative Kids voucher number before attaching it to your Gang Show application form. The voucher should begin with ‘9999’.
If your voucher begins with a number other than ‘9999’, it is an Active Kids voucher and should be redeemed here.
12. Can I use my Creative Kids voucher for multiple providers?
No. The voucher can only be used one time with one provider.
13. What are some things I need to remember about Creative Kids?
Vouchers can only be used:
Vouchers cannot be:
13. Where can I find more information?
For more information about Creative Kids, visit https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/campaign/creative-kids